Grandiloquent Putz

A big bravo to Natasha at Pacific Views:

I wrote a post a while ago suggesting that whatever our differences, Democrats shouldn't pick each other apart. I even repented of my former hostility towards the idea that I might be forced to vote for Lieberman if he wound up on the Democratic ticket. However, over the course of the Democratic debates, I'm reminded why I thought that way in the first place.

It isn't because I don't believe Lieberman is a 'real' Democrat. And I think, as I said before, that we need to drop that whole silly line of debate. It's because, on balance, I think he's a pompous windbag. And god knows, Democrats have to work like hell to shake that whole pompous windbag PR.


That really is the problem with Lieberman --- his politics aren't that much farther to the right than most of the major Dems. It's simply that he is unbearably sanctimonious. He makes William Bennet (especially these days) seem like a ring-a-ding-ding member of the Rat Pack.

Is it possible that Lieberman actually thinks that people voted for President T-Ball because of his phony spiritual pandering rather than his crotchgrabbing, frat-boy personality?

Whatever the case, he's completely out of touch with the current climate. He's only going to damage the party if he doesn't wise up.