Very Gracious

He is a fine fellow, which I always knew and always said.

I too apologize if I offended anyone in my zeal to make my point. I used the phrase "waving the flag on the stump" and was rightly accused of demagoguery by a couple of people I respect. I truly didn't mean to say that Dean himself was doing this, but was responding to some of his supporters who seemed to feel that he should even more actively use the symbol. I succumbed to my love of hyperbolic imagery in a situation where it wasn't appropriate and failed to make it clear where I was deriving that particular concept from.

I suspect that Howard Dean and I have a lot in common, personality-wise.

Now let's put all this nonsense behind us and figure out how to get those redneck crackers to vote for us!

I'm kidding...I'm kidding...