Joe Blow

Can I just say how much I hope that Kerry doesn't pick Joe Biden for Vice President? Not that I think he isn't eminently qualified or that he isn't smart, capable and somewhat charismatic in his own way. It's a personal thing. I find him almost insufferably pompous, self aggrandizing and full of shit at least half the time.

Josh Marshall's interview today does nothing to dispel that opinion. Old Joe is always telling tales about how he told the people in power what was what and they finally have to admit that he was right about everything. It's a funny thing, though. When I really tuned in to him for the first time was in the Clarence Thomas hearings. He didn't exactly speak truth to power in that one.


According to this he's been haranguing the Democratic establishment for years to do things his way and they've finally come around. Why, he planned the successful Kosovo strategy virtually all alone, apparently.

Hell, what do I know? Maybe he did. Perhaps it's just a temperamental thing or he reminds me of someone I used to know or something. But, from the first, I've just had the opinion that the guy is an utter egomaniac.

Not that it makes any difference, of course. I'd vote for Satan for VP if he had a D after his name this time.