Crusade

I am not a religious person. I cannot speak from a Biblical frame of reference. According to the polls, however, I am a member of an exceedingly small minority in this country. Therefore, I wonder if some of the religious people, particularly Christians who voted for John Kerry would care to engage some of these people in a dialog.

I cannot do it. They will not listen to someone like me. They see politics as theology, not philosophy. Perhaps they will listen to you.

But, then again, perhaps not. Sectarian wars were, after all, the reason why the founders were so adamant about not having a state religion. It always leads to religious power stuggles. But, it appears that this is where we are. The idea of secular government is no longer operative.

I'm sorry I can't help, but I do not have the tools to fight a religious war. This is your fight now.