The Way Life Should Be

Dear Abby:

Q: I live in a family-oriented neighborhood. My next-door neighbor flies his gay pride flag in his front yard. Because we have a lot of families with young children who do not need to be subjected to that kind of thing, I have asked him numerous times to remove it.

His response is, it's a free country and he does not subject anybody to his lifestyle.

I strongly feel that in a neighborhood devoted to children's morals and the way life should be, he should not be allowed to have that flag in his front yard. I threatened to call the police.What should I do?

RIGHTEOUS in New Castle, Pa.

Dear Righteous:

A: First of all, calm down. Your neighbor is hurting no one, and "young children" will not understand the flag. Unless there are restrictions in your neighborhood governing the display of flags, your neighbor has a right to hoist his banner.


Good for Abby, the voice of common sense. I bet that mom is just fit to be tied. She's probably going to immediately start coaching her kids to claim they were molested. That's the only recourse the liberals have left her.

One thing I'd like to know is why so many of these people sound like they have only heard half of every argument? They write things like "a neighborhood devoted to children's morals and the way life should be" as if it makes sense. Do they zone out in church and only catch half the sermon or what?

Our president does the same thing so it's not surprising. But dear gawd, I cannot imagine what it's going to be like once all these home schooled kids take charge of the wingnut infrastructure. I can barely understand what they are talking about now. I can't imagine what gibberish they are going to be spewing in a few years.



.