Missing Something, Folks?

by tristero

Please don't get me wrong: I've been a member for a very long time of MoveOn, and I love the group. I've also given them thousands of dollars I can't afford to give, and I have every intention of continuing to do so. But I happened to notice that there is one set of major issues missing from this list.* Care to guess what it is? Three hints:

1. The Democrats did their best to try to ignore it during the 2004 elections.

2. The Democrats are still doing their level best to sidestep the issue because so many of them behaved like fools from the beginning, and are still doing so.

3. The issue begins with "I" and ends with "raq."


And there can be no list of "big, positive, goals" that doesn't meet this issue head on. "Global leadership through diplomacy" - you gotta be joking. That makes "Cumbayah" sound like a thoughtful plan.

I know what they're trying to do - come up with something we're all "fer" and not just always be "a'gin." However, we're living in a time when our tax dollars are being used to prosecute a thoroughly illegal and pointless war which has included the wholesale murder and torture of innocents. To pretend otherwise is stupid; Iraq must be addressed. Directly. And MoveOn is one of the few organizations in a position to do so and actually have a chance to hold a few feet to the fire. Not much, but some.