Michelle Makes Her Move

by digby

...to displace Coulter as Queen Bee. (You can find the link if you want it.)

I remains to be seen if the rest of the Noise Machine is ready to anoint her:

MM: Ann Coulter was here yesterday. She gave a very, mostly funny, speech, and at the end of it, dropped a stinker where she used the term "faggot." And I'm glad, I have to honestly say, I'm glad I didn't bring my children here because that's not the kind of language I would use. What was your reaction to that? Because, predictably, the left is in high dudgeon about it. Howard Dean wants every presidential candidate in the Republican Party to renounce it. Do you think that was a really bad move on her part and should be condemned?

Sean Hannity: I didn't hear it. I'd rather see it before I comment on it and whatever. You know, no other person is responsible for what a person says except that person. And so, if they have a problem with what Ann Coulter says, blame Ann Coulter. You can't blame somebody else for what she said. So I didn't see it.

MM: Except that we're all role models here. And there are so many young people they inspire--

Sean Hannity: --I don't use that term, so that's my answer to you if she used it.


She linked to her post from last year when she condemned Coulter for her use of the word raghead. She didn't mention Coulters other comments, not even the one in which she claimed that her biggest moral dilemma was when she had a clear shot at Bill Clinton. Apparently Michelle sees incivility as solely being the use of dirty words and racial epithets. Death treats, eliminationism and dehumanization, not so much.

I wonder if the Washington Post will term this a "catfight."

Meanwhile, Malkin shares her photos of the wounded Iraq war veterans attending CPAC, including the often spat upon and discriminated against Joshua Sparling, who won an award as a Defender of the Constitution.

Malkin says:

After the dinner, journalist/happy warrior Joel Mowbray quipped to me:

"At left-wing conferences, you leave hating America. At right-wing conferences, you leave loving America."


That's exactly how I felt at the end of the dinner after shaking the hands of the disabled vets who came by crutch and wheelchair from Walter Reed to spend a few hours at CPAC.


I am, quite honestly, speechless.


.