Nutcracker Fever

by digby


Here are Tucker Carlson and Cliff May talkin' bout bitches 'n shit.

CARLSON: Gene, this is an amazing statistic: 94 percent of women say they'd be more likely to vote if a woman were on the ballot. I think of all the times I voted for people just because they're male. You know? The ballot comes up, and I'm like, "Wow. He's a dude. I think I'll vote for him. We've got similar genitalia. I'm -- he's getting my vote."

ROBINSON: Look, you didn't have a choice all those times you were voting, right? You didn't have a choice of genitalia to vote for.

CARLSON: No, but when I do, I just -- I always vote the man. Because, I don't know -- come on.

[...]

MAY: Because if gender solidarity trumps all other interests, I think that's kind of sad. I don't think racial or religious solidarity should trump all interests, either.

CARLSON: Do you think that people who are voting on the basis of gender solidarity ought to be allowed to vote in a perfect world? Of course they shouldn't be allowed to vote on those grounds. That's like -- that's moronic. I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get bounced off the air for saying it, but that's true.

ROBINSON: That doesn't trump all other characteristics. There are a lot of women who are going to vote for Republicans in November because they're conservative.

CARLSON: I'm not saying women shouldn't vote for Hillary at all. I'm merely saying the obvious: that you shouldn't vote for her because she's a woman. Here's what the Clinton campaign says: "Hillary isn't running as a woman. As Hillary says, she's not running as a woman candidate. The only reason to vote for her is that you believe she's the most qualified to be president."

Well, that's actually completely false, considering the Hillary campaign -- and I get their emails -- relentlessly pushes the glass ceiling argument. "You should vote for her because she's a woman." They say that all the time. She just said that on The View. I mean, that's like their rationale.

MAY: At least call her a Vaginal-American, as opposed to --

CARLSON: Is that the new phrase?

MAY: I think that is, yeah.

CARLSON: Boy, that's nasty. I don't think I can say that.

ROBINSON: No, you don't say that.

CARLSON: I shouldn't say that? I'm not going attempt it. No, no.


Carlson has well documented issues with Clinton, whom he says makes him "cross his legs" every time he hears her voice. Evidently his "instinctive" revulsion is a perfectly valid reaction, but women who are inspired by the fact that she is the first woman in history to be a serious candidate for president are thinking with their twats. Whatever. His point is so stupid it's not even worth refuting.

I can only speak for myself, but guys like May and Carlson are why this woman thinks that "Dickhead-Americans" (also known as "Republicans") have reached the end of their run. This snotty little bully routine has just grown tiresome. Regardless of whether they have a penis or vagina, thinking people are sick of this bullshit.

And by the way, if you want to see a Dickhead-American who makes Lil' Tuckie and Cliff look mature by comparison, check out Dan Riehl, from our friends at Sadly No!.

As Atrios says, "the stupid ... it burns..."


.