The War On Fucking

by tristero

I have a confession to make. When I was a teenager, I had sex with other teenagers. I enjoyed it. My girlfriends enjoyed it. It was real fun.

The general impression I have, and I admit that I haven't done an extensive survey, is that most people enjoy sex quite a bit. But clearly, Republicans don't. Having never knowingly slept with a Republican I can only guess at this, but I suspect they don't know very much about what actual sex entails. They probably think of how Bush fucked New Orleans during Katrina. Or the way he's screwed the men and women who trusted their government and wanted to serve their country by signing up for the military. So to the GOP, sex must seem catastrophic, a duty to perform, undertaken during times of stress, and potentially deadly. (Note to self: it's probably a good idea to encourage this attitude towards sex amongst Republicans.)

Their total ignorance is the only reason I can think of as to why they are wasting money urging us to “Tell your kids you want them to wait ’til they’re married to have sex.” Me, I'm telling my kid to enjoy her life, and that includes having a happy, joyful, and abundant sex life. You go, girl!