Big Night

by digby

Wow, what a night. Congratulations to Senator Obama who has been rolling through these races like a bulldozer.

And special congratulations to netroots candidate Donna Edwards who just unseated a corrupt insider. She is a fantastic liberal candidate.

Finally, congratulations to the crew at MSNBC who managed to cover the races without sounding like they were reporting from a locker room. For the most part, anyway. Here's Matthews describing a very bizarre reaction to Obama's speech:

KEITH OLBERMANN: John McCain speaking after his three victories in the Potomac primaries tonight, from Alexandria, Virginia, to the tunes of Johnny B. Goode, instrumental only. And in a statement which I hope transcends political orientation and party affiliation and all that, I would think, Chris, as we start to analyze what we have heard here, the rule has to be, if you can, always speak before Barack Obama, not after Barack Obama.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.

OLBERMANN: Steady.



The man is a lost cause...

But for the most part, the crew behaved responsibly.


.