Class Act

by digby

From Wes Clark:


Dear Friend,

I'm in Munich right now, but I can't tell you how ready I am to
head to Denver and join my fellow Democrats.

The Democratic Party is ready to lead and address the many
challenges ahead, and Barack Obama is the leader we need for our
country and to help humanity meet today's global challenges.

We're a party loaded with talent. Like many of you, I've been
thrilled by the speeches at the Democratic National Convention
so far. Hillary Clinton was great last night. Her strength, her
character, her call for unity. Her speech just proves once again
that she is a great American and has many years of distinguished
public service ahead of her.

And what an inspiration Ted Kennedy was, as was Nancy Pelosi,
our Speaker of the House. Brian Schweitzer, the history-making
Governor of Montana and Mark Warner, a business executive,
distinguished former Governor and soon-to-be a remarkable U.S.
Senator.

Tonight, I'm looking forward to catching the speeches of our
honored former President Bill Clinton and our vice-presidential
nominee Joe Biden. We are so fortunate that these two
outstanding men are Democrats.

And then there's tomorrow. Our Party is so fortunate at this
time in history to be nominating Barack Obama. After Michelle's
incredibly warm and personal speech on Monday, any American can
see the strength of character in their family. It's clear that
when the Obamas become first family, they'll definitely bring
change to America.

I can't wait to hear Senator Obama's words in person. He's
warned us not to expect that he can duplicate the electricity
from his memorable speech in 2004, but I think he's just being
wise to play down expectations. He has proven to be a remarkable
human being with incredible judgment, an outstanding sense of
direction, and unmatched communication skills. I fully expect to
be inspired, as I was in 2004.

I'm proud to be a Democrat, and I'm proud to ask you to pull
together with me. It's time to help elect our candidates to
every office. From mayors to governors, from state legislators
to Congress. And especially to come together behind Barack
Obama.

Barack is going to be the leader of a great team of Democrats in
this election campaign. And he's going to become a great
American President.

I believe he has the skills and resolve to strengthen America's
security, rebuild America's economy, and restore Americans'
faith in the future.

Our challenge is clear. We must win in November.