Thrilled For The Shrill One

by digby

This makes my day.

Paul Krugman has been a stalwart liberal during these dark Bush years, taking the kinds of slings and arrows that only someone who dared to speak the truth in an international forum like the NY Times would be subjected to. He was fearless and passionate and I'm not sure the blogosphere would have developed the way it did if it weren't for him. His column was the only major political venue for a time that validated what we were seeing. Now he is a blogger himself. (Indeed, I think he may be the first Nobel Prize winning blogger out there.)

Obviously, his work in economics is what brought him this prize and I've no doubt it is well deserved. But I'm sure his success there, as in everything he does, is due to his staunch intellectual integrity
. In that, he is an inspiration in all fields of endeavor.


.