Urban Legend In Her Own Mind

by digby


Sometimes you just have to love conservatives. Even in the age of Youtube and the internet they think they can get away with saying "you can believe me or you can believe your lying eyes." And they often do.

Take, for example, Michele Bachman, the certifiable loon who went on Hardball and did a Picasso-esque Joseph McCarthy impression just before the election. She appeared with Alan Colmes this week and this is how it went:

Colmes: You said you were concerned during the campaign that Obama had anti American views and you said the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look at the people and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America

Bachmann: Actually that's not what I said. It's an urban legend that was created and that's not what I said.

Colmes: I have the tape at my website Alan.com

Bachmann: What I called on Alan was for the main stream media to do their job. They failed to vet Barack Obama the way they had John McCain. That's what I was called for.

Colmes: "I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America. Do you really want..."

Bachmann: What I said was that I'm not qualified to say whether members views are pro or anti American. That's not my job to do.


He was quoting her directly and she still pretended that she hadn't said what she had clearly said.

Amato has more commentary as well as the two videos and you can judge for yourself. But at what point does this sort of thing become disqualifying? I'm beginning to think --- never.


.