Liberals' Values

by digby


It's been great watching liberals on TV this morning standing up for American values. It's a great relief. Here is a typical exchange from CNN's "State Of The Union":

John King: are you ok with indefinite detentions and would that be here in the United States?

Barbara Boxer: I'll tell you what I'm ok with. I'm ok that the president of the United States says that our security comes first and foremost. I agree with that. But he went on to say, which you didn't show, that he's going to figure out a way to do this under the rule of law. So he is going to make sure that nobody is released into the United States who will be a threat to us and that these indefinite detentions will be somehow under the rule of law. And I want to give this president the credit for this. His wife said, one thing about my husband, he's not going to be afraid to change his mind or to nuance an issue. I applaud that frankly.


In other news, Obama announced that since the security of the country comes first, he was repealing the Bill of Rights but that he would make sure it "will somehow be under the rule of law." Liberals applauded his willingness to be flexible and change his mind.


.