Yeah, Yeah

by tristero


Thomas Schaller:
If I’m a thoughtful, informed conservative with legitimate concerns about President Obama’s healthcare proposal -- and I’m sure there are millions of such people, many of whom are turning out for these town halls and behaving appropriately -- I’d be infuriated right now because my measured voice and thoughtful objections are being lumped together with the fevered, incoherent complaints of a few.
"...a thoughtful, informed conservative with legitimate concerns about President Obama’s healthcare proposal -- and I’m sure there are millions of such people..."

And I'm sure Saddam had millions of WMD and we just haven't found 'em yet.

And y'know something else? Those oh so thoughtful conservatives, they're not infuriated. Even Senators are encouraging the thugs.

One more thing: it's working, people:
In a survey of 1,000 adults taken Tuesday, 34% say the sometimes heated protests at sessions held by members of Congress have made them more sympathetic to the protesters' views; 21% say they are less sympathetic.

Independents by 2-1, 35%-16%, say they are more sympathetic to the protesters now.