As A Matter Of Conscience

by digby

I know this will shock you, so hold on to yo0ur hats. Joe Lieberman is going to filibuster for your own good:

LIEBERMAN: A public option plan is unnecessary. It has been put forward, I’m convinced, by people who really want the government to take over all of health insurance. They’ve got a right to do that; I think that would be wrong.

But worse than that, we have a problem even greater than the health insurance problems, and that is a debt — $12 trillion today, projected to be $21 trillion in 10 years.

WALLACE: So at this point, I take it, you’re a “no” vote in the Senate?

LIEBERMAN: If the public option plan is in there, as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote because I believe debt can break America and send us into a recession that’s worse than the one we’re fighting our way out of today. I don’t want to do that to our children and grandchildren.


It's vintage Holy Joe sanctimony --- his "conscience" won't even let it even come to a vote Too bad he has no conscience about killing people here and abroad, but I guess that's between him and his God.

Meanwhile, to ensure that he's not going to lose his chairmanship, he's opening a Senate investigation into a terrorist fifth column in the military. They won't dare strip him of it now, will they? You're either with him or you're with the terrorists. Perhaps it's time to start calling him Tailgunner Joe after his role model.

.