Giggle This

by digby

So Matthews apparently had a little hissy fit today about the netroots. (He isn't the only one.) Think Progress caught the exchange:

MATTHEWS: I don’t consider them Democrats, I consider them netroots, and they’re different. And if I see that they vote in every election or most elections, I’ll be worried. But I’m not sure that they’re regular grown-up Democrats. I think that a lot of those people are troublemakers who love to sit in the backseat and complain. They’re not interested in governing this country. They never ran for office, they’re not interested in working for somebody in public office. They get their giggles from sitting in the backseat and bitching.



Maybe he thinks Democrats would do better without this:

ActBlue

The online clearinghouse for Democratic action.

Want blue states?

$114,543,896

raised online since 2004

Only about one million of that was for Obama. No big donors. No corporate cash. Just the kids in the back of the bus putting their money where their mouths are.

Compare that to the measly $1,761,436 contributed to all politicians by Exxon since 1999.


You probably ought to start worrying Chris.

.