The Speech

by digby

Is this one of those deals where they left an old speech on the teleprompter by mistake?



Update: Dday live blogged it so I didn't have to. All I can say is ditto:

"Jon Stewart’s going to have a field day matching up the surge speech from Bush on Iraq with this surge speech. They are interchangeable."


Update II: To those who insist that I have no right to feel betrayed, please be advised that I don't. I am not even surprised. All the Democrats but Kucinich ran on the platform of winning "The Good War" just as Kerry did in 2004.

Unfortunately, there wasn't anyone on the ballot last November who wasn't promising to escalate to one degree or another, so I had to make my choice based on other criteria. Since the Republican Vice Presidential candidate couldn't find Afghanistan on a map and the doddering presidential candidate was more bellicose than General Buck Turgidson, it wasn't that difficult.

But I was never going to support this. I think it's a terrible waste of life and money and will do nothing to enhance our security or the well being of the Afghan people. I have no faith that it will be over by the time Obama leaves office. These things have a life of their own. It's about politics --- geo and national and the fact that he declined to push the war tax tells us pretty clearly where he comes down.


.