Sensitive Supermen

by digby

Evidently the most productive members of society have the extra time on their hands to read blogs. Via email, (responding to my comment "we're not worthy") I got this:

Sorry to say it Digby, but no you are not. Do you make any money for anyone as part of your job? Do you create value for your company, or shareholders? Does anyone cash a check because of you?

I believe the answer to those questions is NO. So until you do, maybe you should spend less time criticizing the compensation of people who legally earn their paycheck and more time finding some taser story to write.

Gosh, and here I thought the scrappy,independent sole proprietor wouldn't qualify as a parasite by these Randian supermen.

I'll just say that "value for company or shareholders" and "legally earning their paycheck" must be somewhat flexible terms if they apply to these river boat gamblers. And as a taxpayer and a shareholder, I'd have to point out that quite a few Wall Street executives seem to be cashing seven and eight figure paychecks because of me.

But hey, if this person is a Wall Street God, slated to make a six or seven figure bonus in this economy, I guess good for him. But somehow I suspect he is actually some drone who makes an average salary and lives a banal life but labors under the sad delusion that he too will be a Master of the Universe someday and is therefore pre-emptively defending his own interests. There's one born every minute.


.