It's All About Bart

It's All About Bart

by digby

Poor baby Bart Stupak is whining and crying to The Hill about how tough it's all been on him. I wonder if he has any clue how tough it is for women to be forced to bear children against their will? Or do you suppose he has any idea how tough it is for the 30 million people who are uninsired?

Lot's of people have tough problems right now, but Bart having to deal with some angry people because he's willfully misrepresenting the health care bill for reasons that are impossible to defend in light of his fellow caucus member and fellow "pro-lifer" Dale Kildee's admission yesterday that the Nelson Amendment is not what Stupak and the Catholic Bishops claim it is.

But none of that really matters because it's all about Bart:
The ideal outcome, Stupak said, might be for the House Democratic leadership to get the votes they need without him and for the bill to pass.

“You know, maybe for me that’s the best: I stay true to my principles and beliefs,” he said, and “vote no on this bill and then it passes anyways. Maybe for me is the best thing to do.”

There's a profile in courage for you.

I don't know why anyone in his district should want someone this idiotic representing them. "I stay true to my principles while everyone else does the heavy lifting" doesn't sound like much of a campaign slogan to me.

Personally, think Connie Saltonstall should just mail Bart's interview to everyone in the district. His whining and crying and abject foolishness will embarrass anyone who is tempted to vote for him.

You can donate to Connie Saltonstall, here. God knows her district deserves someone better than this silly man. America deserves better.


.