Oil Spill

Oil Spill

by digby

I did an interview with the blogometer recently in which they asked me who was my least favorite politician. I said it was Mike Pence, for his unctuous, skin crawling sanctimony. Heather at C&L caught a perfect example of his oleaginous creepiness:



"You know I believe that ending an innocent human life is morally wrong, but it's also morally wrong to take the tax payer dollars of millions of pro-life Americans and use it to promote abortion at home and abroad. This administration has opened the flood gates to providing and promoting support for abortion overseas and let me say from my heart, the largest abortion provider in America should not be the largest recipient of federal funding under Title Ten. The time has come to deny any and all federal funding to Planned Parenthood of America!"

Excuse me for a moment. I need to try to wash the greasy residue from my brain.

Heather smartly retorted:

What was it that Al Franken used to say about Republicans? They believe life begins at conception and ends at birth. Sounds about right here too. Hey Mike, can I deny having my tax dollars to go to killing innocent people overseas with these useless wars your party's dear leader Dubya decided to start? How about that as a pro-life position?

Pence is one of those Republicans who came out of wingnut hate radio but adopted an oh-so-sincere, "family values" brand of conservatism that is belied by the deadness you see behind his reptilian eyes. He's the kind of guy who whispers "Jesus loves you" in your ear as he sticks in the shiv.

He's a perfect "mainstream" GOP candidate. And he may very well run for president.


.