Stop The Presses! Gallup reveals tea partiers are actually Republicans.

Shocker!

by digby

From Gallup:

There is significant overlap between Americans who identify as supporters of the Tea Party movement and those who identify as conservative Republicans. Their similar ideological makeup and views suggest that the Tea Party movement is more a rebranding of core Republicanism than a new or distinct entity on the American political scene.

No kidding.

But I'll be sure to hold my tongue and not be derisive toward these people as everyone's been admonishing me to do. Why I'm supposed to do this when they clearly loathe me and everything I believe in --- and always have --- still eludes me, but the fact that they wear tri-corner hats and call themselves tea partiers instead of Republicans evidently makes them Real Americans. Where have I heard that before?


.