Meanwhile in bizarroworld: the Bill Daley of their dreams

Meanwhile In Bizarroworld

by digby


Following up on my post below, here's the Village version:

Gloria Borger: I have this funny story with Bill Daley. I was working for CBS at the time and as you remember, we were all going back and forth on Florida, Florida, Florida and I got a call on my cell phone at some point, late late in the evening in which it was Bill Daley saying "Gloria tell your network we're not conceding. this election is not over." And then he hung up and that was it. At that point I knew, "this is going to take a while."

He's a real fighter, Bill Daley."



Borger went on to extol him as an excellent choice because Obama needs to move to the center, appeal to big business, be a "grown-up" ... and then I fell asleep.

Howard Fineman cites that phone call as well. They all seem to believe Daley was a real scrapper when he was Gore's campaign chairman. Except, you know, he wasn't.

Fineman also says:

What Daley knows is how to be a Democrat who can acquire and hold power -- something the Daley family has modeled for more than half a century.


That's certainly true.


Update: Greg Sargent ably lays out why the Village CW is wrong.


.