Tweaking Ryan

Tweaking Ryan

by digby

Howie sez:
I hope you saw John Amato's post about Paul Ryan and the Green Bay Packers at Crooks and Liars yesterday. If you're interested in the sports angle on this story, you won't find something better. Meanwhile though... a development. Since John posted. This morning 1290 WMCS -- the Milwaukee Community Station owned by former Packer Willie Davis has started running this ad:
It turns out that other radio stations in the district are refusing to run the ad because it's "inappropriate." Whatever that means. I suspect it has something to do with "civility" but I don't know. As Howie points out:
Blue America gets a lot of that. I bet Karl Rove's multimillion dollar PAC, the Republican Party front group American Crossroads, never gets letters from radio stations telling them they won't run their ads. And ours isn't even advocating a candidate. In fact, there is no candidate running against Ryan. (The DCCC always makes sure of that.) It's just an issue advocacy ad.
I can't help but think of this ad whenever I see one of these notices that our ads are uncivil and inappropriate:
I saw that one on CNN.

Luckily, WMCS is running the ad through Super Bowl week-end. Go Packers.

Update:

Here's Cenk at The Young Turks talking about the ad:


.