Billboard patriarchy

Billboard Patriarchy

by digby

I would hope that people are keeping an eye on this guy. There's something truly demented about him:

Right to Life New Mexico was attempting Monday to have an endorsement removed from a pro-life billboard on White Sands Boulevard between First Street and Second Street. The billboard went up sometime during the weekend.

The billboard depicts an Alamogordo businessman, GEFNET owner Greg A. Fultz, holding what appears to be an outlined baby in his arms as he is looking down at it. Next to the picture, in large print, is the statement, "This Would Have Been A Picture Of My 2-month Old Baby If The Mother Had Decided To Not KILL Our Child! [sic]."

Fultz, 35, said he created the organization, National Association of Needed Information (N.A.N.I.), to dispense his pro-life message.

"It's to do my pro-life work under," he said. "It's nothing official. I created a Facebook page for this group (N.A.N.I.). I haven't officially made it an organization. I am that gentleman (pictured on the billboard). It's merely a statement about anti-abortion and pro-life. They (RTLNM) originally did agree to endorse it. With the pressure of the people against it, they decided to pull their endorsement. I am pretty upset about knowing that."

Right to Life New Mexico president Betty Eichenseer said she was attempting to have the endorsement removed, but she had not heard back from the billboard company as of Monday evening.

The nut says that he told them up-front about everything on that billboard. I'm guessing this is what he left out:

Fultz said he was inspired to create N.A.N.I. by an event that happened to him.

"All organizations have a meaning behind them," he said. "I do not deny that she (a woman named Nani) was the catalyst behind creating this organization. The letters of her name are there for the meaning of value for the reason it was created. It was not created out of spite or out of attack. It's a meaning for a story for the reason why the group was created."

Fultz said he was in a relationship with a woman about 1 1/2 years ago.

"There was a pregnancy, then there wasn't," he said, "with a woman named Nani. I started my pro-life work because I don't know if it was a miscarriage or an abortion. If it was an abortion, my work is set out to prevent this from happening to somebody else. My goal is to try to change one person's mind when it comes to abortion and let the baby live. The billboard stands alone. There are no names of people; just an organization."
It turns out that his agenda is to give men (specifically) the right force women to give birth against her will. But then I wonder why the Right To Life people would have had a problem with it? It's not like they don't want to do the same thing -- they just want the state to have that right instead of the men who impregnated the individual woman. In fact, this whole thing actually clarifies the issue doesn't it?


.