From the "with friends like these" files

From the "with friends like these" files

by digby

Amato caught another example of the allegedly liberal Democrats joining the hissy fit because Paul Krugman deigned to speak the truth on the holy day of 9/11:

Bill O'Reilly was having an aneurysm over Krugman's column, as was Fox News. The Fox news chyron was saying that even Donald Rumsfeld cancelled his subscription to the NY Times over Krugman. Gasp! What balderdash. Americans despise Rumsfeld almost as much as they despise Dick Cheney. Unfortunately there are lefty idiots like Dick Harpootlian, Chairman of the Democratic Party in South Carolina, who immediately begs for forgiveness from the attacks of right-wing ritual defamation. These elitist lefties love to give aid and comfort to the right-wing noise machine. And there are too many to count. It's pathetic.


You can click over for the whole hideous discussion. This fellow seems to be under some laughable delusion that some member of Bill O'Reilly's audience is going to vote for Democrats in South Carolina. I think this was the highight:

Bill, you're wrong with that. Again, I just attended this meeting in Chicago for two days with every member of the Democratic National Committee and big Democrats. There wasn't any Michael Moore there, there wasn't any Paul Krugman there.

The voice of the Democratic Party is far more moderate than you give it credit for. And to pull people like Krugman out and say he is a Democrat or he's a -- somebody associated with Barack Obama or his parties is absolutely wrong.

I am a former prosecutor. I put people in the electric chair. I have a gun. I believe in capital punishment. I believe in this war on terror. And I'm a Democrat.

According to this fellow, I'm not a member of the Democratic Party and nobody gives a damn what I think. I get that, and I believe it. But considering his list of identifiers there, the real question is, why is he?



.