Libertarian intrusion

Libertarian intrusion

by digby

To all the libertarians who told me that I "shouldn't worry" about Ron Paul wanting to deny a woman's right to choose because all he wants to do is let the states decide, I think this settles the question what it is he thinks ought to be the decision:


I don't know where Ron Paul was doing his medical training where they were throwing living babies into buckets but it wasn't in the United States unless it was before the 1880s (which I suppose is possible.) Abortion was illegal from that time until 1973, so I don't know what he's talking about.

Basically Ron Paul believes that it's an infringement against fundamental liberty for the long arm of the state to reach into your wallet, but it's just fine to stick its hands into your uterus in the name of freedom. Libertarianism should be so proud to have such a coherent spokesman.

.