Santorum drivel

Santorum drivel

by digby

Compromising situation:

"Look, I want to create every opportunity for women to be able to serve this country, and they do so in an amazing and wonderful way. They're a great addition to the - and have been for a long time - to the armed services of our country," Santorum said. "But I do have concerns about women in frontline combat."

He added, "I think that can be a very compromising situation, where people naturally may do things that may not be in the interests of the mission because of other types of emotions that are involved. And I think that's probably - you know, it already happens, of course, with the camaraderie of men in combat. But I think it would be even more unique if women were in combat. I think that's probably not in the best interests of men, women or the mission."


I'm not sure what he meant by that but it sounds as though he thinks the soldiers will all be involved with each other and they will get "emotional" when their turtledove is in danger. Or maybe he just thinks the men will be all chivalrous and manly and won't let the little ladies do the fighting and everything will get all messed up.

Plus, nobody will be allowed to use birth control so they'll be procreating for Jesus all over the front lines. It's obviously a recipe for disaster.

.