QOTD:Rand Paul: "Call me cynical, but I didn’t think his views on marriage could get any gayer."

QOTD:Rand Paul--- "Call me cynical, but I didn’t think his views on marriage could get any gayer."

by digby

How very libertarian of him:



(Skip ahead to 5:30 to see the comment.)

Rand is quite the bitch, isn't he? But then he's always been one with a quick quip when it comes to teh gays, and it's usually used as a way to illustrate the villainy of federal power:

"I would rather have the local school districts decide things," explained Paul at a debate against Democratic rival Jack Conway in the Bluegrass State. "I don't like the idea of Suzie has two mommies being an appropriate family situation to talk about to kindergartners. That's what happens when it gets to the federal level."


That hasn't always been his approach,though. Way back in 2010 he said this:



I wonder if those Values Voters he was speaking to today know about that?


.