Mitt via Conard: "You owe me"

"You owe me"

by digby

Here's Chris Hayes' interview with Edward Conard in which he explains that Romney stayed on at Bain from 99-2002 because he was holding up his partners for as much as he could get.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Asked if Romney was driving a hard bargain during the negotiations, Conard said, “In part, yes, of course.” Romney legally remained the CEO and sole owner of Bain Capital until 2002, Conard added, because he was intensively negotiating his exit deal with the partners at the firm. Conard summed up Romney’s position this way: “'I created an incredibly valuable firm that’s making all you guys rich. You owe me.' That’s the negotiation.”


I guess they must figure that's a better way to explain it than having to answer why he would have been involved with a fetus disposal company.


.