Tracking the eye of the stupid: Rush and the hurricane

Tracking the eye of the stupid

by digby

I'm sure you are all aware that the Republicans have long sought to defund all the weather services because they're a big waste of money and a conspiracy to turn everybody into commies. Yes, I know it's ridiculous.

So, here's Rush to explain to you how they're working hand in glove with the Democrats to make Republicans lives miserable:

‘And I noticed that the hurricane center’s track is — and I’m not alleging conspiracies here. The hurricane center is the regime; the hurricane center is the Commerce Department’:

It’s the government. It’s Obama.

And I’m noticing that that track stayed zeroed in on Tampa day after day after day. And the Republicans react to it accordingly over the weekend, canceling the first day of the convention. What could be better for the Democrats than the Republicans to cancel a day of this? […]

Okay, 6:45 p.m. Saturday night the Republicans announce that they’re canceling Monday. At 6:45 p.m. Saturday night, everybody is still under the impression that Isaac is making a beeline for very close to Tampa. It was an hour and 15 minutes later that the eight p.m. model runs showed New Orleans. I’m alleging no conspiracy. I’m just telling you, folks, when you put this all together in this timeline, I’m telling you, it’s unbelievable.


We have a lot of problems in this country, but it's a mistake to ever allow talk radio to slip too far down the list. This is a big part of the stupid that's destroying us.


.