Ye Olde Illegitimate Rape

Ye Olde Illegitimate Rape

by digby

Wow, I knew the English tax collectors had pissed off the American colonists but I had no idea they were running around raping their wives and daughters:

Lulli Akin [Mrs Todd Akin] said that efforts to push her husband out of the race threaten to replace elections “by the people and for the people” with “tyranny, a top-down approach.” She added, “Party bosses dictating who is allowed to advance through the party and make all the decisions—it’s just like 1776 in that way.”

She cited colonists who “rose up and said, ‘Not in my home, you don’t come and rape my daughters and my … wife. But that is where we are again. There has been a freedom of elections, not tyranny of selections since way back. Why are we going to roll over and let them steamroll us, be it Democrats or Republicans or whomever?”
Well no wonder they declared their independence! And to think Jefferson didn't even mention this in the Declaration.

I have to wonder, however, if we can count on the fact that these were really legitimate rape. You know how women are about these things ..


.