Republican prudes confronted with a sexytime comment from God

Republican prudes confronted with a sexytime comment from God

by digby

I feel faint. In fact, I think I might just keel over if I don't have a small glass of sherry and tiny drop of laudanum immediately. What kind of sex fiend would ever say something like this in public?
“I know what it’s like to pull the Republican lever for the first time, because I used to be a Democrat myself, and I can tell you it only hurts for a minute and then it feels just great.”
That statement is so despicably obscene I think I might just take to my bed and  expire. Like Eric Erickson I must protest: “If you need any further proof we live in a fallen world destined for hell fire, consider the number of people who have no problem with the President of the United States, ridiculing virgins and comparing sex to voting.” Oh yes indeed.

Who is this horrible degenerate who would bring sex into a political campaign in such a vulgar manner?

The Washington Post reported on Nov. 1, 1980:  Ronald Reagan.




Big hat tip to Eric Kleefeld at Talking Points Memo for digging this up.