Who's got the biggest swinging --- deficit reduction record?

Who's got the biggest swinging --- deficit reduction record?

by digby

I love Rachel Maddow, but I don't think I have to tell anyone who reads this blog why this is so destructive:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

If progressives want to keep doing the small government Republicans' dirty work for them, they'll keep cheering Democratic deficit reduction as a big win for the good guys. All it does is continually make a bipartisan case for starving government of the funds it needs to ensure that we live in a decent society. It's a fools game. Dday wrote about this yesterday (as did I) in a post aptly entitled: Democrats Bragging on Their Deficit-Cutting Skills Helps Nobody, Hurts America.
This really depresses me ...

.