Pat Robertson misses God. So do a lot of people. by @DavidOAtkins

Pat Robertson misses God. So do a lot of people.

by David Atkins

Pat Robertson embarrasses himself again:



"You have to practice the presence of God, practice to voice of God, practice hearing from God and then check to see if indeed you are hearing from Him. And so many of us miss God. I'll tell you, I won't get into great detail about elections, but I sure did miss it and I thought I had heard from God, I thought I had heard clearly from God. What happened? What intervenes? Why? You ask God, 'How did I miss it?' Well, we all do and I've had a lot of practice.
There are many people who try to get a sense of the purpose of the universe, ascertain their role in it, and attempt to go with the flow of what that purpose intends. That's part of living spiritually. Atheists will scoff and say that such things are illusory, and that's fine. Whether there is a higher power of some kind is ultimately unknowable.

But what is knowable is that every sap and two-bit con artist like Robertson who claims to know the intent of God, who claims to ask specific questions of God and receive specific answers, hasn't heard anything more than the confirmation of their own biases and prejudices.

If there is a divine presence in this world, it doesn't communicate with people who slaughter one another over "holy" lands. It doesn't care who lives on what scrap of desert any more than it cares to put an end to childhood leukemia.

And it sure as hell doesn't communicate directly to the likes of Pat Robertson, nor has it ever.


.