QOTD: Cardinal Mahoney

QOTD: Cardinal Mahoney

by digby


... generously asking God to forgive his critics for humiliating him:
To be honest with you, I have not reached the point where I can actually pray for more humiliation. I’m only at the stage of asking for the grace to endure the level of humiliation at the moment.

In the past several days, I have experienced many examples of being humiliated. In recent days, I have been confronted in various places by very unhappy people. I could understand the depth of their anger and outrage–at me, at the Church, at about injustices that swirl around us.

Thanks to God’s special grace, I simply stood there, asking God to bless and forgive them.

God's special grace is really something.

You can read much more about the latest in the Mahoney revelations and various Catholic hierarchy crimes here.


.