Proud to be a Goth

Proud to be a Goth

by digby

The cast of "Lean Forward -- the musical", also known as the daytime MSNBC line-up, cannot stop humblebragging about the White house Correspondence Dinner.  It was, evidently, the highlight of their lives and I'm actually a little bit worried about the depression that's soon to follow now that their Big Night is over for a whole year.

Luckily for those of us who missed it, CNN ran it on a loop yesterday so I finally ended up watching it in pieces.  I confess I didn't notice the Village celebrities much. But I'm sure they were very very glamorous.  The president was quite funny though.  I think he has a post-presidency career ahead of him as a comedian if he wants it.  The material was good and he delivered it well. (I especially enjoyed the Michelle Bachman book burning joke.)

I also enjoyed Conan's high school cafeteria joke:
“Fox is the jocks. MSNBC is the nerds. The bloggers are the goths. . . NPR is the table for kids with peanut allergies. Al Jazeera is the weird foreign exchange student nobody talks to. . . And print media, I didn’t forget you. You’re the poor kid who died sophomore year in a car crash. . . but cheer up, we dedicated the yearbook to you!”
Funny in that queasy sort of "too close to home" kind of way. But it's right-on in one sense --- you never leave high school. Ever.

All the videos are here, including the Kevin Spacey "House of Cards" bit that was more revealing than the people featured in it probably realize.

.