The Medicare crystal ball

The Medicare crystal ball

by digby

I have been searching high and low for this handy chart, which I couldn't for the life of me remeber where it came from, and voila, Mike the Mad Biologist sent it to me today:


Mike helped make it clearer for us:


And this, my friends, is why we shouldn't be wetting our pants over projected deficits or "shortfalls" projected many years into the future, particularly when it turns out that the big driver of these projected deficits, our general health care costs,may be coming down due to recent reforms with more scheduled to kick in.

It's a huge mistake to allow our politicians to fear-monger us on behalf of their wealthy benefactors to give up the meager benefits we know we will need many years hence. The beltway crystal ball has always been just a little bit hazy. I don't know about you, but I think I'll take my chances.


.