Daddy's purity balls

Daddy's purity balls

by digby

I used to write a lot about the "Purity balls" back in the day. Now there's a documentary about them.

The documentary follows the Colorado-based Wilson family, founders of the Purity Ball, to reveals the unshakable religious beliefs of the children as they seek out spouses.

'Just dreaming about the day that I get married and meet my incredible man gave me hope and encouraged me to continue on in this walk of purity,' explained one daughter.
-new-extreme.

'I've just always know that I wanted to be a wife and a mother, I would hate to go off and spend thousands of dollars on an education that I wouldn't use,' said another Wilson daughter.

Randy Wilson, who started the ball in 1998, explains in the film that it is his responsibility 'to love and protect, physically, my daughter and wife. Whatever that looks like, I would certainly step in for her best interests,' he says.

Daddy knows best. Until Hubbie comes along. And then he knows best.

There's a lot of really weird subliminal sexuality in all this that makes my skin crawl. I'll look forward to seeing how they treat it in the documentary.