QOTD: Congressman Ted Yoho (R-Pluto)

QOTD: Congressman Ted Yoho (R-Pluto)

by digby

Yoho makes a doodie:

I had a little fun with [John] Boehner and told him about the sun tanning tax. He goes, ‘I didn’t know it was in there,’ and I said, ‘Yes, it’s a ten percent tax.’ He goes, ‘Well, that’s not that big of a deal.’ I said, ‘It’s a racist tax.’ He goes, ‘You know what, it is.’ I had an Indian doctor in our office the other day, very dark skin, with two non-dark skin people, and I asked this to him, I said, ‘Have you ever been to a tanning booth?’ and he goes, ‘No, no need.’ So therefore it’s a racist tax and I thought I might need to get to a sun tanning booth so I can come out and say I’ve been disenfranchised because I got taxed because of the color of my skin. As crazy as that sounds, that’s what the left does right…

It's a joke, but not really. They honestly believe that any accusation of racism is purely an unfair partisan political weapon gleefully deployed by Democrats to make Republicans look bad. Because they do this with religion and patriotism, they assume that must be what liberals are doing as well.


.