Stand and deliver

Stand and deliver

by digby

Well, it is Gohmert. But then Candy Crowley asked Rand Paul this morning if he thinks it's a bad idea to raise the debt ceiling and he said that Obama is being irresponsible and a bad leader for telling people that the nation will default if we don't do it. So, he's not alone in his delusions.

Crowley didn't ask if Obama should be impeached if the Republicans refuse to raise the debt ceiling but I feel pretty confident that he'd be game.

This is exactly what Lincoln was saying in his Cooper Union speech:
[Y]ou will not abide the election of a Republican president! In that supposed event, you say, you will destroy the Union; and then, you say, the great crime of having destroyed it will be upon us! That is cool. A highwayman holds a pistol to my ear, and mutters through his teeth, "Stand and deliver, or I shall kill you, and then you will be a murderer!"

To be sure, what the robber demanded of me - my money - was my own; and I had a clear right to keep it; but it was no more my own than my vote is my own; and the threat of death to me, to extort my money, and the threat of destruction to the Union, to extort my vote, can scarcely be distinguished in principle.

.