I love David Vitter

I love David Vitter

by digby

I know that sounds surprising. He is a cretinous conservative after all. But I have to think about this blog. And David Vitter just granted all bloggers a great big gift:
“After much thought, prayer and discussion with Wendy and our children, I’ve decided to run for governor of Louisiana in 2015,” the second-term Republican says in a video on his redesigned campaign website.
Now I know there is a God.  And she has a sense of humor. You all remember this, right?
This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible. Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way.
That was in response to the revelations about his prostitution habit, of course. But hey, it was a long time ago right? Right. Well, maybe. There was this tantalizing little tid-bit from last year.

Let's just say I'm happy to see him run. Between Vitter and Christie, GOP governors are starting to look like a lot of fun for gadflies like me.

.