Longing for the good old days

Longing for the good old days

by digby

Justice Clarence Thomas:
“My sadness is that we are probably today more race and difference-conscious than I was in the 1960s when I went to school. To my knowledge, I was the first black kid in Savannah, Georgia, to go to a white school. Rarely did the issue of race come up. Now, name a day it doesn’t come up."

Thomas said "everybody is sensitive" about sex and race, or if "somebody doesn't look at you right, somebody says something. If I had been as sensitive as that in the 1960s, I’d still be in Savannah. Every person in this room has endured a slight. Every person. Somebody has said something that has hurt their feelings or did something to them -- left them out.That’s a part of the deal.
That's so true. It hardly ever came up. Well except for the civil rights movement.  And then, some people actually did get all "sensitive" about it.  It wasn't African Americans, however. It was white supremacists:


It's hard to believe that this man is a Supreme Court Justice but there you have it.


.