Sarah Palin rips off an old chain email, by @DavidOAtkins

Sarah Palin rips off an old chain email

by David Atkins

If you followed CPAC, you probably know that Sarah Palin dishonored Thedore Geisel's memory by making up an inane Dr. Seuss rhyme insulting liberals. Except she didn't. She plagiarized it from a chain email?

Many have already pointed out the fact that Dr. Seuss probably wouldn't be too pleased with the idea of his work being used by an ultraconservative nitwit like Palin. But there's another reason I decided to highlight this. It turns out that as "clever" as this little limerick was, it wasn't even original! This was in fact, from a chain e-mail (which Palin modified around the edges) that's been floating around since as far back as 2010:

I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals,
I do not like their secret deals.
I do not like this speaker, Nan ,
I do not like this ‘YES WE CAN’.
I do not like this spending spree,
I’m smart, I know that nothing’s free,
I do not like your smug replies, when I complain about your lies.
I do not like this kind of hope.
I do not like it. nope, nope, nope!

Of course, none of this should be surprising in the least when you think about it. After all, Republicans have relied on chain e-mails to formulate policies as far back as the early 90s.
Remember: this is the movement that Michelle Bachmann called "intellectual."

I feel like I shouldn't even waste space on these people, but it's important to remember that Ms. Bachmann once led the GOP field for President, and Sarah Palin could easily have become Vice-President of the United States.

Yes, these people are jokes and buffoons who don't deserve attention. But they're what the Party that controls the House of Representatives is made up. So it's not that much of a joke after all.


.