Quoting Maggie

Quoting Maggie

by digby


I'm surprised that the Republicans have failed to deploy this tactic more. Maybe they have a hard time finding GOP women who are willing to make nasty, borderline sexist remarks about other women, but I'd be surprised.
"Frankly, Mrs. Pelosi is somebody who was briefed on the program," Cheney said on "Fox and Friends," according to Mediaite. "She forgot she was briefed on the program, later had to admit it. And I have to say that when I heard those comments yesterday, I was reminded of something that Margaret Thatcher once said about one of her political opponents. Mrs. Pelosi’s problems is that her spine doesn’t seem to reach her brain
I'm pretty sure that the attitude there comes from Liz Cheney's commitment to her father and his legacy as the Texas Torquemada. But a Republican woman deploying Margaret Thatcher at her rudest to insult a Democratic female politician is pretty slick.

Speaking of Thatcher, I've been meaning to post this YouTube of one pivotal scene in the movie featuring Streep as Maggie at the end of her successful run summing up the conservative argument.



I'll bet the Cheneys stood up and cheered.


.