He's not a bigot himself, of course, but he'll defend to the death your right to discriminate.

He's not a bigot himself, of course, but he'll defend to the death your right to discriminate.

by digby

Ted Cruz says:
“I’m very much a believer that the scripture teaches that you hate the sin and love the sinner, and so, you know, from my perspective I am perfectly willing to interact with anybody,” he said. “Look, I work in the U.S. Congress. But at the same time, I don’t think the law should be forcing Americans to violate their religious faith.”
He was talking about the alleged infringement of religious liberty in being unable to discriminate against gays. But since that argument comes right out of Jim Crow, I think it's fair to guess he would have found a way to support white supremacy on the same basis. It's not as if they didn't use the Bible to defend racial discrimination.


Then he lied about the Little Sisters of the Poor being required to provide birth control when all they're required to do is fill out a form to be exempted. Which is, apparently, such an infringement of their religious liberty that this might as well be the English Civil War. it's so bad.

.