QOTD: despair edition

QOTD: despair edition

by digby

Here's a lovely irony:
“Even Hitler was a child,” reads graffiti currently sprayed near the entrance to Netivot.
Here we are fighting with each other all over the planet, killing and degrading children, downing passenger planes,  excusing torture while, as a well informed friend of mine tells me via email, climate scientists are rapidly concluding that it's far, far worse than we realized.

I've been told that we should stay away from our beach today because lightening is likely to strike and may kill people again.  That's not a normal thing here.  Not at all:

I rarely feel despair but today I do. This is a species problem. The human species. I can't see how we're going to make it as long as we persist in this horrifying violence (where people excuse the killing of innocent children by suggesting that they might be a future Hitler!) while the planet literally burns.

.