Couple white guys sittin' around talking about their shortcomings

Couple white guys sittin' around talking about their shortcomings

by digby

... which is why they need all those great big guns:

KURT SCHLICHTER: Oh my gosh, I got to tell you something. I got to tell you something. I finally figured out who Shannon Watts of Moms Demand Action reminds me of.

EDWARDS: Oh?

SCHLICHTER: Annette Bening in American Beauty.

EDWARDS: Wow.

SCHLICHTER: Yeah. Huh? Huh? Yeah.

EDWARDS: Boy, now I am going to have to go back and re-watch -- I don't think I've that movie since it came out.

SCHLICHTER: Oh yeah.

EDWARDS: But yeah, okay, okay.

SCHLICHTER: Yeah, yeah, and her husband has got to be named Lester.

EDWARDS: [Laughter] That's awful.

SCHLICHTER: Stripped of the most basic and threshold abilities of a man; that is to defend his self, his family and his community, by being married to this shrill harridan. She is Annette Bening in American Beauty.

EDWARDS: Talking with Kurt Schlichter, writing at Townhall.

It's rare that you are privileged to see someone prove your suspicions of their true motives so vividly.

I'm surprised this fellow Schlichter didn't change his name actually ...  


.