Let it go #patriarchy

Let it go

by digby

I have to agree with Fox and Friends on this one:
Nance suggested that parents of boys should avoid taking their sons to the movies with negative messages about men. 
"We want them to know that they're essential," she continued. "We want to encourage masculinity and not villainize masculinity."
So true. I would encourage parents not to allow their sons to see "American Sniper." That kind of negative image is absolutely lethal to a healthy masculine ideal. Just say no.

Oh wait ... I guess I got that wrong:
"Fox & Friends" host Steve Doocy suggested Hollywood is "empowering women by turning our men into fools and villains" during an interview with the head of a conservative activist group on Wednesday morning.

Doocy specifically fretted that "Frozen Fever," the upcoming sequel to Disney's 2013 animated hit "Frozen," would "depict men as evil and cold and bumblers.
This just depresses me. Do these people seriously think  "Frozen" is a bad thing for kids to see? I guess they do.

The work of feminism is far from finished, kids. Don't let up.

.