Little Tyrant

Little Tyrant

by digby

This man has become a parody of a right winger:

“I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America,” Giuliani said during the dinner at the 21 Club, a former Prohibition-era speakeasy in midtown Manhattan. “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

“I thought the Crown Heights riots were a pogrom because you’re going out trying to kill Jews,” Giuliani said. “Why is this man incapable of saying that? You’ve got to be able to criticize Islam for the parts of Islam that are wrong. You criticize Christianity for the part of Christianity that is wrong. I’m not sure how wrong the Crusades are. The Crusades were kind of an equal battle between two groups of barbarians. The Muslims and the crusading barbarians.

What the hell? What’s wrong with this man that he can’t stand up and say there’s a part of Islam that’s sick?”

I don't know. I guess for the same reason he doesn't stand up and say that there's part of Catholicism that's sick. After all, the Catholic priesthood has been crawling with child molesters for decades. For all we know, centuries. I'm going to take a guess that as a Catholic he doesn't think it would be right to tar the vast majority of non-pedophile Catholics with the actions of those priests or define the religion itself as a pedophiliac belief system.

As for whether the president doesn't love America because he "wasn't brought up through love of this country" .... oh whatever.

He was at an event for Scott Walker talking about endorsements. If Walker wants to be president, he should probably steer clear of this one. Giuliani used to be a respected figure in this country and now he's just another embarrassing right wing freakshow like Ted Nugent or one of those Duck Dynasty guys.

.